jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Erratic voting and statistics

1. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 4 years ago

I had lovely comments on one of my poems and lots of views. Yesterday, It went down quite drastically for no apparent reason and went up this morning. I am a little concerned about the fluctuation.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My traffic varies each and every day.  Overall I see no cause for alarm with what you have described.  Our overall gain is to gain Google readership and once that is gained, the views remain pretty even over a longer period of time.

Most of the spikes in traffic from HubPage members is just a one or two day thing, and will disappear.  When you first publish a hub, it appears in the category as recently published....that will create a spike in HP views.  At times, it will move to "hot" if the views are high enough.  This can happen if someone outside of HP links to your article and you get higher views from another site. This has happened to me.

Also, should it become a "featured" hub on the category listing, it will get more HP views, but then again, they will drift away. 

Google is where you want to see the majority of your views coming from.

1. midget38 profile image88
        midget38posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Dale! That's where the SEO comes in, I suppose. Still learning the mechanics. Thanks all, for the advice!!

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't think the learning process every stops, Midget. Some will think they know it all, but it is an evolving world out there, and staying on top of it all would be a full time job without any doubts. smile

2. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 4 years ago

Again, I'm getting lovely comments and views, but the stats swing downwards. Now this is really a bit odd.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Do you mean day or total? Daily views work on a rolling 24 hours.

And new hubs get seen in the hopper and listed in new hubs but get pushed down as new content is published. So you either need to aim for Google views or find another source.

working