jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

I love the new look but a question for you all

1. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

Before I commit myself to choosing a background image I want to ask what you all think would be the best subject for the photo to display? Is it nature, travel, singer-songwriters and music, conspiracies, flowers, conservation, authors, books, herbs, insects, wildlife or any of the other subjects I have written about? What sort of photo would be the best to say what I am about as a writer?

1. Marye Audet profile image89
      Marye Audetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you should change it with the seasons...get images representative of each season ... and change as the season does or even as the month changes. smile That would satisfy your creative muse and most appropriately describe (visually) your diversity of a writer.

Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful idea,Marye, so thank you, but one problem: as I read it you are not able to change whatever you have chosen and saved.  That is why I was being so cautious!  If I am wrong and you can change the background image then a seasonal look is probably what I will go for.

1. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I changed mine several times already, so you're not married to the image you select the first time smile

On a related not, I noticed Marye that your background image isn't tiling seamlessly.  I made this alternative checkered cloth image that *might* tile without lines showing. The original one I made worked, but when I uploaded it to HP the scale and resolution changed.  Anyway, feel free to use it if you like

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7011976_f248.jpg

1. Marye Audet profile image89

That was so sweet! Thank you! The background I had is from a faded old ANTIQUE cookbook I have. smile I will use your and age it a touch.... thanks again!!

1. profile image0
              calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No problem! I used this site to make it pretty quickly:

http://www.tartanmaker.com/

2. Marye Audet profile image89

PERFECT... Thank  you!

2. Marye Audet profile image89

I changed my several times in five minutes because I couldnt decide. After adding the first picture you can't click and drag the image to the box... or at least I couldn't... you have to upload it the old fashioned way

2. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7012052_f248.jpg

2. ripplemaker profile image90
    ripplemakerposted 5 years ago

Hi Bard, you can change the background anytime.  I was changing mine last night many times until I found one that suited me hehehehhe It's just once you use the new profile, you can no longer use the old one.  Happy choosing!

Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fantastic news! I am happy with the new look profile but was worried about choosing a backing image I didn't like and being stuck with it. This is a great relief!

working