jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Noob Question...

1. MyHubAdventures profile image60
    MyHubAdventuresposted 4 years ago

I have posted 2 hubs and understand the basics of how hubpages work and affiliate marketing.

I have a buddy who is a blacksmith and makes blades. He wants me to post his product on Amazon and ebay. and also make a site for him with a shopping cart/ customer orders.

I know I can do a product review here, but a few questions...

Can I refer from my hubs to products that "I" am selling / making additional profit off of?

Can I link to my main site and ad adsense / Amazon / Ebay to the main site? AND vice versa?

And most importantly... since I am a noob.. what would experienced Hubbers say are the best first steps to getting yourself established and increase traffic?

Thanks for any and all help!

Christopher F. W. Nelson

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I would steer away from referring to the items as "items I sell".... I have done some reviews but never have I referred to the items as being for sale by myself.  That may or may not be proper protocol, but it does work for me.

As for linking to AdSense, your account here is linked to AdSense.  Amazon can be displayed using the Amazon capsules with links to items for sale on Amazon. You can specifically pick the items you want to display in the Amazon capsules.  Be sure they are related to the hub however.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you're selling on Amazon, there may be some limit to what you can do outside of Amazon with links back to your products. I don't sell products there, but do have Kindle books. The rules for those are pretty wacky in some places. So just a suggestion that you thoroughly read all of the Amazon rules about linking your own products before you do anything else. And I agree with Dale that you shouldn't refer to them as your products.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I think all your questions can be answered by reading the appropriate entries here,

1. MyHubAdventures profile image60
      MyHubAdventuresposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I have been slowly working my way through the massive amounts of information on the learning center. I was just hoping someone could point me to some specifics if applicable.

Thank you though for your input!

Christopher F.W. Nelson

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Forum Rules:

Avoid signatures. Please do not sign your posts and especially do not sign your posts and include a link to another site. A link to your profile page is included with every post, and you can put information about yourself and links to sites you'd like to promote on your profile page.

Before you start off on the wrong foot. smile