jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Links on my page I did not set up, how do I get rid of them?

1. backporchstories profile image87
    backporchstoriesposted 4 years ago

I understand the suggest link tool, however, I am finding links on my page (double lined words and phrases) that connect to things I did not set up or ask for.  How do I get these links to go away.  When I go to edit, there is not broken link button to use.  Anyone?  Help...

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it might just have something to do with the particular browser you are using and not an internal hub pages thing.

2. Reality Bytes profile image91
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you highlight the link or all the text and hit the broken chain in the edit box, it will remove the links.

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is it one particular hub or all hubs?  If you can narrow it down I will be more than happy to look around, but I don't have the time to review all 62 hubs if it is just one or two of them.

I did review six of your hubs and only found one link and that was near the top on How To Prepare Traveling By Bus.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You may be seeing links planted by malware on your computer that are not actually on your hub.

3. backporchstories profile image87

Thanks for looking.  I think it looks ok ...I will let you know!

4. Anti-Valentine profile image92
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

I would say it's some sort of ad program HubPages might be running. Kontera used to have those in line ads, where words would be double underlined. But they phased on Kontera here on HP of course.

If it's nothing to do with any of the ad programs you have signed up for under your affiliate settings in your account, then it might be an ad program that HubPages runs which isn't available to any of us, which has happened before, if I'm not mistaken. Do you view these double underlined words when logged in or out of your account? That's usually a good way to tell.

5. backporchstories profile image87

I view them when I am logged in.

6. Anti-Valentine profile image92
    Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago

Have you contacted HP staff about the problem? In the meantime, try an anti-virus scan or two just to eliminate the possibility of malware, which was brought up earlier.

working