jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

what does your hubs are displaying blank ad units mean?

1. seanorjohn profile image82
    seanorjohnposted 4 years ago

It seems I have to verify my pin or phone number. Apologies for being so useless, but how do I do this. I don't know how to contact hubpages and I have no idea what my pin number is. I t looks like  I haven't earned anything since October 2011. Help me please. One or two of my hubs have recently got some significant google hits which has really surprised me. Hope someone can help. And big thankyou to anyone who can help in any way.

2. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

While in edit mode under settings, make sure your hub is set to Ad level  (high), and the box is checked for (This Hub may be considered commercial).

Another problem could be with filters picking up something in the hub that would violate Google policy?

#7  under "Technical matters", in the FAQ covers this subject extensively!

Even if you do not have an Adsense account, your hubs should have ads on them unless there is another problem.

seanorjohnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much Reality.  This is such a great help to me.I have got an adsense account and have accrued some earnings, not enough for payout but some encouraging Pound hits. I will find a way to repay your kindness.

3. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

This is the closest info I could find, it's not too elaborative... sad

http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

Thanks paradigm . there is some really useful info there. However. I can't see anything about my pin number.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My guess is that it is the same as with google. You submit your phone number. They call you and give you a pin number. You then submit the pin number. At which point ad revenue then rains down upon you. big_smile

Thanks paradigm. You are right I must submit my telephone number. Thank you so much. I will repay your helpfulness by retweeting and suchlike and once I get the hang of all this malarkey will make sure that any success I enjoy will come your  way too.
          Regards Sean

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It seems to me that submitting your pin and the missing ads might be separate issues?

Thanks Psyche. I must try and sort this.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Are you sure you're not referring to an Adsense pin? Once you reach a certain amount on Adsense ($10-15), they'll send a pin to your mailing address to verify you really live where you say you'll live. If you don't enter it in a certain time frame, they'll turn off earnings till you do.

You are right wrylit. it is an adsense pin to do with money. I will have to request a new adsense pin.

working