jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Hoosier Hubbers - How Many People from the Indianapolis area?

1. umbertoobrian profile image59
    umbertoobrianposted 4 years ago

It would be nice to meet people from the Indianapolis area who have experience with Hubpages and exchange ideas or just start a little group to support each other in the lonely craft of writing.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello, U.O., and welcome to HubPages!  I may qualify:  I'm from south central Indiana.  If you arrange a specific date and time, feel free to send me an e-mail through my profile.  This idea has been batted around at different times, and I have a few names I could pass along for you to contact.  Some of them are not in the forums often these days. There may even be some Hubbers from nearby states who might be willing to travel a couple of hours, if there is no Local Meetup in a location closer to them.

umbertoobrianposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe something near Bloomington or Nashville would work.

Those are both closer to me, but I think there are some Hubbers in Indy who might be interested.  Also, if anyone wants to travel a bit, I would think Indianapolis would be more centrally located for a lot of surrounding areas

Go ahead and suggest a date and approximate time of day and let me know. I'll contact everyone that I can think of who is not posting in the forums these days and who might be interested.  When we know who else might gather, we can settle on the location.  Obviously, for some people the location would be a determining factor, but then again other factors (date, for instance) might play an equal part.

My schedule is fairly flexible these days, with the exception of Sundays (not available).  But my school-year schedule is in the process of changing even as we speak, so there may be some issues that could change things before we settle on a final plan.

Well I am partial to Indianapolis - hometown bias.

Sounds good.  big_smile  Pick a date.  Do Saturdays work for you?

Saturdays work best now just need a roster of guests.

I'll be back in touch.  I'm multi-tasking at the moment and need to turn my attention back to something else for a while.  If you have a contact button on your profile, I'll use it to send you some names a little later today.

2. GoGreenTips profile image62
      GoGreenTipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

haven't been on the forums lately, but I'm from Indianapolis and would like to meet-up with any Indy hubbers.  It seems to be quite difficult though at times, but let me know.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Umberto, when you see this, please send me a message through the contact link on my profile page (unless you are reluctant to allow your e-mail address to be visible, which is something I definitely understand).  I've got a list of Hubbers to contact directly (after - or while - we come up with a specific plan) in addition to posting information here.

If you'd rather just communicate here, that's fine too!  I don't know how soon you want to aim to meet.  I would say no earlier than Aug. 25; September Saturdays are pretty free for me, with the exception of the 8th.

working