jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Back-round image of your profile

1. courtneylajoie profile image73
    courtneylajoieposted 4 years ago

Okay, I'm not exactly into seeing my face plastered all over my back-round and I am being told that I am getting criticized because of it, which means it could effect my numbers. How can I change this?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Just FYI, it's a "background" image, not back-round.

And all you have to do to change it is either pick one of the ready-made options or upload something else.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

Ok, generally speaking I'm absolutely useless when it comes to technology. Please be aware of this before I ask what will no doubt later prove to a stupid question (because it usually is)

I've just uploaded a background image on my new profile. It is, in fact, a picture of a large pond/stream with really pretty lilly pads surrounded by trees. However, the image is only showing the branches of the trees. Oddly, this looks kinda nice, a bit like a water colour. BUT I do believe that the liily pads would look better. What have I done wrong?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest making the picture a bit smaller and trying again.  It seems to keep the picture whatever size it is and then tile it.  So an ideal size would be the largest common screen viewing size which is about 1920 x 1200

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant, thanks Psycheskinner, I'll give it ago.