jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Amazon Capsules

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I used to think Amazon capsules were helpful but after all the Google traffic changes and less emphasis upon products, I am starting to upgrade my hubs by eliminating the Amazon capsules.

On occasion, I will use an eBay capsule - if it helps the content.

What are your thoughts on the Amazon capsule?

PS I joined apparently after Amazon discontinued the revenue stream so to my knowledge I make money off of eBay but nothing on the capsules.

What has been your experience?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Amazon has a one-day cookie, so there's no point using Amazon capsules unless you can give your buyers a strong motivation to buy the product right there and then.   Therefore I restrict my Amazon capsules to situations where I can feature a product that is directly related to the text, and I'll usually include a recommendation or detailed description.

Amazon has not discontinued the income stream so you are making money on the capsules if you're signed up correctly.

The only point of using eBay and Amazon capsules is to earn money from them.  They do nothing to increase or attract traffic.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I still make about $30/month off Amazon. Not much, but enough to keep it on in a few places.

1. Kate Mc Bride profile image84
      Kate Mc Brideposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Was thinking of removing my amazon capsules and will definetely do so after reading your post.They clutter hubs too much in my view.Adsense and HP ads are enough I reckon to avoid distracting from the content