jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

SUGGESTION: Add "Adjusted Bounce Rate" code to Google Analytics

1. Donna Huebsch profile image92
    Donna Huebschposted 4 years ago

Would it be possible for HubPages to add some "Adjusted Bounce Rate" code to the Google Analytics tracking code currently in place?  Right now if a visitor only looks at 1 page, Google Analytics shows them as a bounced visitor with a visit time of "0" seconds.  "Adjusted Bounce Rate" gives you credit for those visitors who spend a specified amount of time, even on only 1 page, which is probably the majority of hub visitors.

Here is a link to a blog post which shows a sample of the code to insert:

http://analytics.blogspot.com/2012/07/tracking-adj

I think this would be very useful to Hubbers to get a more accurate view of which hubs get non-bounced visitors.  Thanks for considering this!

Regards,
    Donna

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

My bounce rate is 92%. big_smile

3. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Donna, that's an interesting suggestion. The bounce rate metrics is one that continually frustrates me (not just for my own Hubs but site wide) because, as you rightly point out, a visitor who comes and actually reads a Hub but then exits the site, is counted as a bounce. In reality, they were an engaged reader.

WryLilt, hope that makes you feel better about your 92% bounce. LOL!

We will definitely look into this further. Thanks for making the suggestion.

1. Donna Huebsch profile image92
      Donna Huebschposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Micki, I just tried the link I gave you above and it said the page didn't exist!  Sorry about that...I'm not sure what happened.  I googled the term "adjusted bounce rate" again and found the same blog post, so I tried copying the URL again...here's what I got:
      http://analytics.blogspot.com/2012/07/t … oogle.html
      Maybe that will work yikes)
      Thanks for looking into this suggestion further - I think hubbers would love it!

1. MickiS profile image95
        MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No worries, Donna. I was able to find the proper post.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I don't think anyone has troubled understanding how a bounce is defined, and the a bounce can be a reader not a failure. The question is whether we can get a record of their visit time, which required Hubstaff to make a change to how they code our analytics. As you currently have it configures we don;t get the time on page for people who bounce (as I understand it)

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On GA or HP stats?

working