jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Exporting all My HubPages Posts?

1. That Grrl profile image80
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

Is there a way to export or backup all of my HubPages content? I have downloaded the CSV file but it just gives me a bunch of headlines. Maybe I'm missing something?

I'd like to do this without going the long way and doing each one individually.

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could check out ScrapBook that runs on Mozilla Firefox. I use it to back up ALL my Hubs (and content on other sites) with a quick click and short processing time.

Info here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo … scrapbook/

That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will try it. Firefox won't login to HubPages. At least it wasn't a few months ago when I gave up trying. Thanks for the link. Anything is worth a try. smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just used the below method in Chrome, and knocked out 105 hubs in under 30 minutes whilst drinking coffee. smile Works well.  From these files, I have all the text as well as images should I need to recreate them entirely at some point.

" Google Chrome's built-in support for "printing" a page to a PDF file gives the browser an edge over Firefox and IE. Simply click the wrench in the top-right corner and choose Print > PDF > Save as PDF. In Windows the print-preview window lets you adjust the page layout from portrait to landscape, select only certain pages, and access other options by clicking Advanced."  http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-201 … -web-page/

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

Hi! Anymore, I just select the text (and anything else that comes with it) of my published hub, and then copy and paste it into Word. I then edit the layout a bit and then copy it into a .pdf file. It doesn't take very long. I do not think there is any way to export all one's hubs all at once. It must, therefore, be done individually.

That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what the point of the PDF file would be. But, I'd rather try other options than cut and pasting each post. Most sites I've written for have a plan for making back ups. I have over 100 posts so I'm not keen on spending all that time going through each post.

3. That Grrl profile image80
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

Tried a few things. I didn't find anything that let me make a plain text copy, which was what I wanted. But, I ended up saving them all to a file in HTML. So at least I've got them backed up now.

If anyone knows something that exports of backs up in plain text files I'd love to know about it. The HTML gives you a bloated file to work with. Simple text would have been much easier to re-post.

Thanks for your suggestions.