jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

KNOWN ISSUE: "Learn more about HubPages" video won't play in IE

1. Lisa Hovar profile image60
    Lisa Hovarposted 4 years ago

Video won't work. Message eventually comes up to say that something went wrong and should be reported to you.

I use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer Version 9.0.8112.16421

Hope this helps.

Lisa Hovar

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lisa.

Sorry to hear you are having problems playing a video.
      Can you provide a link (URL) for the video that you are unable to play ?
      You might see if updating the Adobe Flash plugin for Internet Explorer helps.
      http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

2. Lisa Hovar profile image60

I'm not sure how to find the URL. when you type in www.hubpages.com and you are not signed in, the page that comes up has a large box about half way down the page that says "Learn more about Hub Pages" and it has the arrow you can click. Nothing happens when you click it. So far I have tried from my home laptop which is Windows 7 as described in my original post but I am now at work and the video won't even load. The box comes up blank and some message flashed saying it failed to load.

I have checked my Adobe Flash and it is up to date.

This computer at work is Windows XP and I use Internet Explorer 8.0.6001018702

It's really not important to me, just thought I would let you know as it may be important to prospective customers visiting your site for the first time.

Lisa

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Lisa!
      I just tried playing the video in Internet Explorer 9 in Windows 7 and it is behaving exactly as you mentioned.
      I have sent this to our engineering team to be addressed.

3. Lisa Hovar profile image60

Well good to know it wasn't just me. Thanks Matthew.

working