SUGGESTION: No Photo for Writer in Searches

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Our team here works very hard for quality and that is why I am here. Yet when I search I always bring up a writer with no photo in my HubPages searches - can't we filter those writers out of the searches?

There are too many people who want to be found who have put in the time, added the photo, added the profile, written great articles and contributed yet we still showcase profile photos with no photos in the search?

If HubPages doesn't promote the best of the best within the site, how can we expect Google to promote HubPages?

1. MickiS profile image95
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Btw, love your profile image.

2. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

I, too, am bothered when I come across users who haven't taken the time to upload a profile picture. It's one of my personal pet peeves.

That said, the quality of the Hub is not necessarily reflective of the fact that the author has a profile pic or not. There's no real correlation with quality or a Hub's relevance to a search query.

Profile pic or not is a subjective decision for each user. When users like you and me ignore those users, don't click their Hubs, etc., it creates a social pressure from the Community to personalize your profile. In the long run, it's one of those things that is better left to the Community to evolve the standard rather than introduce artificial restrictions that can prevent good content from being found.