jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Has there been a Google Update recently?

1. David 470 profile image85
    David 470posted 4 years ago

I have not been as active as I should be on here lately and noticed my traffic has been going down. Of course, I have not really recently written that many articles in the last several months so this may just be my hubs going down in traffic because they are not as popular.

I have a hard time writing during the summer time because I can't think of any good hubs. sad

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Plus it's the depths of summer when Americans all make their last ditch efforts to take an extended vacation.  The usual pattern is that traffic won't come out of the doldrums until after Labor Day, when everyone goes back to work and back to school.

1. nanderson500 profile image89
      nanderson500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good to know! I was wondering why my traffic had decreased as well.

2. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks relache.

That would make sense. Well I guess I will have to see what happens in the next couple weeks. In the meantime, I better come up with some topics for this fall.

3. urmilashukla23 profile image80
      urmilashukla23posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Relache.

4. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's interesting. My traffic's been rising in recent days.So maybe a recent google update carried me past the doldrums. Who knows how this works?

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

There was a reported Panda update this Monday 21st August:

http://searchengineland.com/google-pand … 9-1-131284

This hit me hard with my traffic falling to around 20% of it previous value yesterday.  Google analytics real time was painful to watch with usual 20 ish visitors reduced to somewhere between 3 and zero!
    Fortunately my traffic is coming back up again and has roughly doubled since last night.

1. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not Sure if hit by Google Panda or just lost some traffic because of old hubs losing traffic. lol

Ah, I may have been hit by this then. But also it could just be because of what internet users are doing this time of the year like Relache pointed out.