jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Extremely long hub - how to simplify it?

1. MilanaP profile image74
    MilanaPposted 4 years ago

Hi all,

I started this hub in May and the main purpose was to gather videos of this online game that I play (Candy Crush Saga), only of the most difficult levels. However, I was surprised with the amount of visitors and they started to request more and more videos. So now I'm pretty much adding every new level that the game developer launches, and my hub became very heavy and takes forever to load. Not only do the visitors have to be patient and wait for it to load, but for me to add new videos has become a monotonous and interminable chore because it takes forever to add each link.
    Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to organize the videos as a link index so that each video would open in a tab or pop-up window, or to link multiple videos at once?

My hub is at http://milanap.hubpages.com/video/My-Ca … Experience

I greatly appreciate any inputs.

Kind regards,

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

You sure weren't kidding. Pesky thing locked up my computer. smile

Until a better suggestion comes along...

Make your original hub a capstone hub that links to the other hubs, each of the other hubs representing one level each.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I agree, have a hub for each level and use the original one as the index.

4. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Also make sure to give each hub it's own unique title - Google doesn't like titles labelled "part 1", "part 2", "part 3" etc.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

In future you should post things like this to the Extreme Hub Makeover, you aren't allowed to add links to your hubs in other threads.

6. MilanaP profile image74
    MilanaPposted 4 years ago

Thanks to all of you, now I know what to do next smile