jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Volcanoes

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

This is one of my better photo gallery hubs. Or at least so I thought. But HP gives it a 65 and it is one of my zero traffic hubs.

http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/ … at-Is-What

I suspect my title sucks on this one...

And my SEO...

And I'd appreciate any ideas on what more BS text I could add.

Please address any and all aspects that come to mind. I promise not to quiver too much... big_smile

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

At 90 characters the title is far too long.  Simply stringing together a group of singular key words won't produce much - it is very difficult to get viewers with single word searches as the competition is far too great.  Rather, use longer 2,3,and 4 word key phrases that searchers are looking for. 

I would suggest " Volcanoe Pictures From Around The World".  The keyword here is "volcanoe pictures" and the keyword tool shows it gets 6600 views per month - the best I could find.  The competition is rather stiff from high rated sites, but I think that's going to be true of anything you might come up with for this topic.

Repeat that keyword in the first paragraph and again in the custom summary you will write with a maximum of 150 words.  Maybe a sentence near the end to the effect that "volcano pictures are sometimes hard to get because..."  With not much text that is probably enough, although once near the middle might not hurt.  Just make sure it is worked in naturally so it still reads well.

The photos are not attributed correctly - HP won't like that and it is probably illegal as well, depending on where you got them.  The learning center has a section devoted to this.

I would remove most of the caption on the longer ones and insert a short text capsule describing what is being seen and where it is.  You really do need some more text and that's one way to get it.  You might, for instance, describe what pahoehoe is, or why lava channels form.  You might add a paragraph on how volcanoes are building Hawaii and other islands in the first capsule - lengthen it some. 

Choose an impressive pic to put at the very top, and then pin it.  I haven't seen it yet, but others are reporting some impressive rates of re-pinning that can bring traffic.

I would also move the link capsule to the bottom - there is no reason to send viewers away in the first few seconds they are there. 

You've got some really impressive pics there - it's a shame for them to go to waste without viewers.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much, wilderness!

I will implement every one of your suggestions.

And don't worry about the pics. I was and am a good boy. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't mean to say they were stolen; just that they probably aren't attributed according to HP and law.  HP wants even public domain pics attributed and Wikimedia requires it as well.  Other sites vary, but in general something is needed.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All better. I will poke it with a stick more tomorrow.

working