jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

can I write about life issues such as homelessness

1. knighthawk68 profile image60
    knighthawk68posted 4 years ago

I was wanting to know can I write about items that require research and stats that pertain to world things?

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
      MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't see a reason you would not be allowed to write about it. Certain Hubs require a lot if research anyways... I think it would be interesting to read.

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I notice you mention "stats".... so that would be, in my mind, a "copy" of online material.  Now that is not bad nor is it unacceptable.  However, you want to be sure to offset "copied" stats with your original text in the "base" of the hub.  In other words.... more your words than the stats.  I hope that makes sense.  I would give credits for the "stats" you may publish as well...but keep the source to no more than two links of the same domain if you include clickable links.

knighthawk68posted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you, for answering my post, the stat information that i intend to use is from personal interaction with those who are or have been homeless.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Absolutely.  There is a topic category about Homelessness. 
    http://hubpages.com/topics/politics-and … ssues/4922

I thank you for that information I will   have to check that out more

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Absolutely!

4. Drax profile image75
    Draxposted 4 years ago

With regard to the stats you can add your own viewpoint to them easily by presenting them in a different format, in a pie chart or line graph if they are simply in a table in the original material. This gives you the unique data set and is also better for readers since visual data is often easier to grasp. You could use Excel for this and then use the snipping tool in Win7, or take a screen capture, if you search for a string like:  online statistics chart graphics tool  or   infographic tools   you will see loads of free tools to help with this

thank you for your helpful information, I just recently figured out how to use the graph tool on my program and created my first graph through computer generation. I did a quick little information piece on the price increase of certain living needs. It is on here but has not received any comments yet good or bad. It is quiet small but it was my first attempt. I don't have win7,I am still running in Vista, and I only have way understand excel but I did figure some things out.

working