jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

New Guy, Help Please?

1. websitehostingbox profile image60
    websitehostingboxposted 4 years ago

Hi guys,

I am new to this whole Hubpages thing but have guest posted, blogged and worked on a number of different websites. I have been building sites for about 10 years now and started off with only static HTML sites :p

I am only getting a hubscore of 43? Can somebody please give me some advice on what I should do to improve my score?

http://websitehostingbox.hubpages.com/h … press-Site

1. tamron profile image61
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As you keep adding hubs your hub score will climb up.  Add more hubs stay active commenting and help others and ask questions in the forum.

2. tamron profile image61
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you need advice on a hub go to the thread hub makeover.  You are not allowed to place self promoting links all over the forum they will ban you for that.

3. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ignore the score.  It will go up on its own. It can't be seen by Google so it won't influence money or traffic.

If you're after backlinks, write five quality hubs and leave it for a few weeks. Make sure you follow the overly promotional rules and you should be over 75 in no time.

2. samnashy profile image83
    samnashyposted 4 years ago

I can't make out the scoring system either.  Some of my hubs have great scores whilst others are less. It doesn't seem to matter what content or questions are asked.  The only thing I've noticed is with a bit of time the score does increase.

3. websitehostingbox profile image60
    websitehostingboxposted 4 years ago

Thank you Tamron and Wrylit.

I'll have a look at the hub makeover page for more information.

4. kittyjj profile image82
    kittyjjposted 4 years ago

I agreed with WryLit that you should ignore the hub score.  I have a hub that has a hub score of 100, but the page views is lower than the other hubs with scores in 80s.  Just focus on writing quality hubs and the money will follow.

working