jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hub sharing on Facebook

1. Deepika Arun profile image79
    Deepika Arunposted 4 years ago

When a hub is usually shared on Facebook, the photos in the hub appear as thumbnail, but now, the thumbnail is not working. Why? Without the thumbnail the link is not very attractive.

1. 0
      Leela Rainelleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. I just posted my new hub link to Facebook a few minutes ago and I kept re-entering it to see if it wasn't taking the thumbnails for some reason. I tested a status update with another URL and it found a thumbnail though. Sorry, that's not much of an answer, but it is better to know that it's not just one account or something. Hopefully an answer will be posted here, soon.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When this happens, and I have had it happen at various times, I go to the stats and get the short URL, then pop into Facebook and post that URL into my status, and for some reason, that short URL will pick up the photo and the related meta info (description) of the hub.

You can find that URL by clicking on your hub, Stats, then Hub Metrics, and you will find the Short URL there at the bottom.

1. Pauladance.co.uk profile image59
        Pauladance.co.ukposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I have tried this and it seems to work.  No Share or Facebook Button, but a diff. way.  Many thanks.  Pauladance.co.uk

2. Deepika Arun profile image79

This issue has been fixed!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I find it happens once in a while to me too.

4. Pauladance.co.uk profile image59
    Pauladance.co.ukposted 4 years ago

A few weeks ago the Facebook button disappeared completely from my pages.  I used to use the Share button on my articles then click Twitter and Facebook, and that was it!  Lovely, image and script!  Nowadays I only have the Twitter button which works perfectly, Facebook has left me completely!  How can I get the Share button back, or put my articles on to Facebook as in the past.  Help please?

1. Thelma Alberts profile image82
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine disappeared, too. So I just write the url to my fb account.

1. Pauladance.co.uk profile image59
        Pauladance.co.ukposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, some kind gentleman  told me that a few days ago, and it works!  Thanks so much for help!.   Hub pages Editors do not know there is a problem!

5. Deepika Arun profile image79

Sharing option is indeed unavailable. I copy the link from the address bar and post in facebook. Also the icon issue seems to have resurfaced.

working