jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'm very confused

1. profile image57
    Barb McBrineposted 4 years ago

Well, I'm a newbie and I've found the hub rather clumsy to use.  I tried to post my videos, which are on my YouTube channel "Stewing with Barb", but was unsuccessful.  I have no idea why I was denied posting privileges, but that's what happened.  I could not even find the correct page to post this complaint on!  As this is entertainment, I thought someone overseeing this might get the message.

Thanks for now,
    Barb

1. Reality Bytes profile image91
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have never had a problem placing a youtube video on to a hub.  Are you using  the share button?

1. profile image57
        Barb McBrineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for replying so promptly.  However, the prob was not w/ embedding the video, but rather that my hubpage would not get published.  I uploaded a "Windows" sample video to see if that would allow it to publish, but that did not work either, so I need to know how to delete it and try posting just my YouTube video again...unless I am missing some crucial component that I am unaware of.

1. Reality Bytes profile image91
          Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest contacting Hubpages directly team@hubpages.com.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
            Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another simple solution is to delete the existing video capsule in your hub and then add a new one and to that add the YouTube URL.  You will find that the URL under "share" does not always work, however the URL that you see up at the top in your browser will work.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you need help with a hub related problem, you can post in the Need Help forum.  Hubbers who like to help generally check that specific forum to see if someone needs assistance.

I'm not clear on exactly what video you uploaded.  The video capsule supports specific video platforms.  It sounds like the video you uploaded is not compatible with HP.  To delete a video, simply delete the URL (in the video capsule) and replace with the URL of the YouTube video.  The hub also must contain text, not just a video.  There is plenty of instruction on how to hub in the Learning Center.  It's a great place to start.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

working