jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Does Going Long Depend on Topic and Detail?

1. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I saw the recent thread on long hubs, which is what I came into this forum to research.  It seems most people - and The Learning Center - feel that longer hubs get more traffic.

My concern is that my most recent hub is very detailed.  It's shy of 3K.  I'm wondering if a hub with potentially hard to follow, detailed information should be shorter?  Perhaps a hub with more easy to follow information - like a hub on travel - would be great longer? This particular hub is for outside traffic - not for HubPages traffic.

Too bad I can't post the link.  It would be helpful. smile

What is the consensus?

2. IndikaT profile image82
    IndikaTposted 4 years ago

My personal experience too is that the hubs with long content receives more traffic and gets indexed quickly.  But I have not written hubs longer than 1500 words. I have read that the ideal size of a hub should be 700 -1200 words, but unfortunately I can't remember where. But my gut feeling says that 3000 words is a bit too large, may be you may try to create 2 hubs.

1. IndikaT profile image82
      IndikaTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You will find more supportive info in this thread. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/102150

agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!!!!

3. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 4 years ago

One of my most popular hubs is 3500 words long and has a long viewing duration.  I have another hub more than double  that and it is has also been received quite well by search engines with people who are looking for that content (less so by hubbers who understandably probably can't be bothered to read it - but I don't care about that!)

My thoughts are that long hubs need a lot of sub-headings so that the content is more easily navigated and simpler to read.

agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!!!  I appreciate your help. smile

working