jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Sudden and drastic CPM decrease Aug 20

1. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Isabella Snow pointed this out in the Hubber's Hangout, and it seems to be widespread:

CPM suddenly dropped almost in half on Aug 20 (and 21).

Just my luck, I had a hub go viral that day, boosting my impressions by several thousand for both days. I am wistfully hoping that this is a bug and will be fixed. wink

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So you're the cause of it!  Bad Girl! big_smile

At this point it doesn't look like a bug - the figures for those days aren't "pending".  Just the luck of the draw, I guess.  I know the CPM numbers vary as HP gets new contracts and loses old ones but this drop does seem a little drastic this time.  I hope it comes back up!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

There was another Panda update on that day.  I got hit hard, but my numbers were never huge anyhow...but it still sucks!

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe because the advertisers know there will be a new G update on that day that is why the CPM is low.

The CPM on that day (Aug. 20) for my two accounts are the lowest for the month smile

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Mine is at the low end of normal.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Mine are about the same as normal, it tends to vary up and down each day by a dollar or two and being lowest at the weekend, but otherwise my CPM is within a buck for each day, I am certainly am not seeing a 50% drop.

4. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Mine was low on the 20th as well, which is unfortunate for me because that was one of my better days (maybe HubPages got a lot of views that day and this dropped the value of the ads in their ad pool somehow?) It was also low (but only by a little bit), on the 19th. I was back up to normal on the 21st.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

G always roll out update end of third week every month 20, 21 like that, it is either your traffic increases or decreases within that week range. I don't edit or do anything with my two accounts and that is the case.