jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Images.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I'm writing a hub and trying to import the larger image of an Amazon product but it just keeping saying that the website may be blocking the request. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way I can show the larger image in my hub??

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Holly. 

I have used Amazon images in my reviews many times. I have encountered this problem. What I found that resolves the issue is to simply copy the image URL and then paste it into the photo capsule.

It appears that you have resolved the issue, however. smile  One thing to keep in mind when using such a method is to review your hub(s) periodically to make sure that the image is still being hosted by Amazon. I did have one go down as the seller apparently stopped selling the item.

Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dale,

I think I've got it worked out now. I'd been copying and pasting the url from my browser, which also contains my amazon account details, so I think that's why they blocked the request. I right clicked and copied the url, so far, so good. smile

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you are getting a message that Amazon is blocking your request to import an image, that means Amazon is telling you that you cannot use their image.

Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache, but I've sussed it (I'd forgotton how to do it) I'd been pasting the url code from the browser, when I should have right clicked the page and saved the url that way.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 5 years ago

I'm wondering if it is even legal to use Amazon images. I suppose if you're advertising products on Amazon and even end up making a sale they wouldn't mind. But I could be wrong.

1. Sally's Trove profile image84
      Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wonder about that, too. I have used Amazon images by clicking and "saving as." I have no idea if this is legal or not.

working