jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

SUGGESTION: Toolbar dropdown menu for browsing hubs

1. 0
    WhydThatHappenposted 4 years ago

Hubpages isn't very audience friendly as it stands- people outside of the hubpages community can find hubs through a search engine, and they get a small list of related hubs on specific hubpages, but browsing topics isn't very intuitive.

How about adding the categories across the HubPages black bar at the top of the screen? Hovering over a category would open a list of subcategories, hovering on those would reveal more subcategories etc. That way people could easily browse hubpages as narrowly or broadly as they like.

It would also make hubpages more professional and "customer oriented" for inernet surfers. I really hope this becomes an addition to hubpages because it would raise the site's popularity.

Also, I would like a job.

1. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I kind of thought that the change to the site did kind of make it less friendly for browsing, too.

1. 0
        WhydThatHappenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Right? And isn't traffic a big part of what hubbers strive for? As it stands, googlers are probably going to a single article and bouncing right out because its either that or choosing from the 6 hubs at the bottom of the screen- out of how many thousands? Lol. A pretty big oversight in my opinion

2. MickiS profile image96
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, WhydThatHappen. This is something that I will look into. One of the overall brand issues that we want to solve is how to communicate our breadth of content to readers (most of whom come in from search).

I will point out, though, that our data shows that since we changed the design of the Hub in June, readers are spending more time to read more Hubs and explore more of the site. Across the board: view more Hubs per visit, view more slideshows per user, click-thru rates to related Hubs have doubles, time on site is up, and so on.