Changing a Hub Title to Maker it More Search Friendly

1. eugbug profile image93
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

If the title of a hub is changed to make it more search friendly, does this have any benefit or should the URL be changed? Since changing the title doesn't change the URL of an existing hub,  is there any way of changing the URL  without copying and pasting the content of the hub into a new hub and re-publishing?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't change the got that right. Just as you said, you'd have to copy and paste into a new URL.

From time to time I do use the title tuner to look for ideas about how the title of a hub might grab a searcher's attention. Sometimes I make a change, sometimes I don't.

An important thing to keep in mind is that search terms delivered through the title tuner have been gathered over the previous 30 days. Since nothing remains constant, 30 days after making a change based on title tuner results, you may be looking at new terms. That's the dog chasing its tail.

So, I'm cautious about making a title change. I'll do it if it makes sense to me, people-wise, and it also makes sense keyword-tool-wise. But I have to say I've never seen a dramatic traffic difference by changing a title.

2. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes one word in a title can make all the difference in the amount of views you get. I have seen that happen.... views going up and views going down.

What I have done when I have tweaked a few titles is done some research on keywords or phrases, then if related to my hub, I will work with those words or phrases.  Changing the URL is not possible, as stated, but I have found it is not that important.  It appears that Google does not focus much at all on the URL, but on keywords in the title and in the hub itself.

Any time I tweak a hub or article elsewhere, I immediately go to Google Webmaster Tools and submit the URL to have Google fetch it, then I have it indexed.  This step will have your page indexed faster than simply waiting on Google to spider the page over time.  It will get your revisions into searches much faster.