jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Photos

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

Why are ALL the photos I try to upload pixelated... from Flickr.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

They need to be a higher resolution.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I checked some of your hubs. Did you get permission to use pictures that are not your own? I notice one was by a different person and had "some rights reserved" on it. You should only use picture you got permission to use from Flickr or use those from the Creative Commons. The cc says this picture should be attributed to the person, not just Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cfrausto/124277201/

In terms of pixilated, when you download pictures from Flickr you should choose the large size. Go under actions, view all sizes.

MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How do I do that, though? Just insert the persons name instead of just flickr? I though inserting the image url did the trick. But thanks for letting me know. And thanks a lot for the info smile

1. Cardisa profile image89
        Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When you choose a photo from flickr.com or any other website look on the file page for license. If it says All rights reserved then you can't use it. It it says some rights reserved, click the license and it will take you to the license agreement.

There are generic license such as CC BY 2.0, CC BY SA 3.0 (the numbers might be different)

Basically you attribute a photo by placing the person's name, the CC license and the website where you found it, example: Henry Smith CC BY-SA 2.3 via Flickr.com

The point is you need to look to see what kind of license the photo is under and follow the instructions.

2. MarleneBotha profile image76

Oh yes, and the images I use from flickr says that I may use it I should just attribute it. Its free to use then without permission is it not? I would just like to be clear on this.

I understand that, yes. Just wasn't sure how to attribute it correctly. Was under the impression that adding the url to take you back to the persons profile was okay. Thanks for the help.

1. Cardisa profile image89

Yes you must also add the file page URL, not the image URL. The source page must have the info on the image plusthe license info.

2. Cardisa profile image89

It is free to use with permission and attribution. You must attribute correctly or you breech the license and the person can complain. The only photos that require no direct attribution to the author are public domain photos and you must state that on HP with a link to the source page.

working