jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hi, I'm new here today

1. 131064kjb profile image59
    131064kjbposted 7 years ago

..and don't know how this works. I placed 2 comments to 2 hubs I visited but neither showed up, so I tried to post another comment again to one of them and still nothing has shown up.

At first I thought it was because I hadn't verified my email yet (it took hours to actually get one to complete verification process!), and then I thought it was because I hadn't signed up to be a 'fan' of these 2 hubs. I've done all this now and still nothing? And nothing shows up in my account to say I left any comments?

Am I going mad?

Is it because I haven't published a hub yet? (I wanted to wait to prepare some content first)

I don't have/do any Adsense or anything like that (this is not why I signed up an account - is this an obligation for my membership here?)

So many very basic questions I have and not one of these are explained in the 'How To' or 'Help' sections....is there anywhere else I can find these things out?

Thanks for any help

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It's possible that the person has comments on moderation and has not been on Hubpages to approve them.

3. compu-smart profile image79
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Hi 131064kjb..

When you post a comment, some hubs comments you can see straight away, other will need to  be approved by the author before they appear..

You will soon find your way around here very easily...

If you want more information about how hubpages work which i wrote, see here

4. 131064kjb profile image59
    131064kjbposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the info uninvited writer and compu, I guess I'll just have to wait and see smile

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

We get notices if we have Fan mail. I usually get marriage proposals tongue lol ..j k