jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone on HubPages written a book?

1. 61
    gautams1posted 4 years ago

I wanted to know if anyone on HubPages has ever written a book? I am interested in writing and this is one of my life goals is to write a book.

Ricky S

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would say that at least 60 % of the authors here have written some sort of book, if not more.

1. 61
        gautams1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the insight.

2. joleenbridges profile image85
      joleenbridgesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi gautams1 - I have written a book. In fact, one of the reasons I joined HubPages was to help get the word out about my book. Unfortunately today, writing a book is not even the hardest part of writing a book, - selling the book is the hardest part smile-  What kind of book are you thinking about writing?

2. 61
    gautams1posted 4 years ago

I am good at research and analysis. I was thinking on researching social media but I want to narrow down the topic. Also, what type of references do you use if you in your books if you make references? APA formatting? Thank you.

3. MAGICFIVE profile image81
    MAGICFIVEposted 4 years ago

I wrote a children's book, but I gave up sending it places because I was either told "We are not interested at this time" or I never even heard back!  Everyone says:  You need an agent.  However, agents aren't interested in taking on your work if you've never been published.  It got very frustrating!  That's why I'm doing Hub Pages.  No pressure!

1. 61

I agree that HubPages is just great. Especially being a newbie, I think the people in the community have so much knowledge to share. I think Amazon has a program in which you can self publish your book. Thank you for your reply and I enjoyed reading your response. Have a wonderful day.

4. Green Bard profile image91
    Green Bardposted 4 years ago

Yes, I have written two under my real name Steve Andrews: Herbs of the Northern Shaman, published first by Loompanics and now republished by O-Books, and also Hummadruzz and a Life of High Strangeness on Amazon Kindle.

1. 61

Thank you for sharing your work. I am glad to be part of a community of talented writers.