jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Amazon sales ?

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
    galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago

Does it make sense to you that over 3 years time one would only make  $0.56  total and have less than 20 clicks when there are AZ capsules on over 80 hubs?

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok so which one of you guys hunted down my email and sent me info trying to sell me a clickbank program? "HubPages Traffic Generator" for $97!

1. Norman Stein profile image62
        Norman Steinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope, no clickbank from me.  I tried in the past, to me there's no money there.

So no, I didn't do it.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 4 years ago

Yeah, it does. If you want to make Amazon sales, you need to write hubs that attract a buying audience -- not a "doing" or "learning" audience. Just tossing in some random Amazon capsules without a proper sales pitch for them is doomed to failure.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can second that from personal experience.

1. Norman Stein profile image62
        Norman Steinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People looking for information aren't generally going to buy anything.  With that having been said if you could possibly find one very relevant book and link it you just might get a sale once in a while.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't agree with this 100%.  Amazon capsules are most successful when you write the article as a direct sales pitch.  However, I make sales on "how to" Hubs and Hubs addressing a particular problem all the time - the key is to pick products which are directly relevant.  For instance, if you write a Hub about how to grow gardenias, select a book or DVD on how to grow gardenias.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

My highest (google) traffic hub earns $15-$20 from Amazon each month. I know it is because the article addresses a particular problem and suggests some possible solutions which involve the Amazon products displayed. 
    This was a 'happy accident' because I don't set out to sell with my hubs.  I do see how it works, though.
    I make a little from other hubs with Amazon, but nothing like this one.

4. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 4 years ago

I just got 9 more sales yesterday on Amazon LOL. There not big probably half of them are worth that each but I got them.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I agree with the above. You need to write product reviews, comparisons and the like to get Amazon sales.

For instance, which topic do you think would attract people wanting to buy a lawn mower?

-1. "Top Ten Ride On Mowers"
    -2. "How To Empty Your Lawn Mower Bag Completely of Grass"

The first one is aimed at buyers, the second aimed at people just looking for information. 95% of my Amazon sales come from product related hubs (and I average $30-$100/month depending on the time of year.)

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I have made most of my Amazon sales through book reviews and hubs that are specifically aimed at selling Amazon products. I do sell a lot through my hub about Fred Astaire and his movies also.

7. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

I usually make at least $30 a month from Amazon,except for the summer months. Like everyone else stated, review some needed products.