jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite memory when growing up?

1. 59
    gautams1posted 4 years ago

My favorite memory was jogging with my dad in Louisiana around a lake every day.

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

Playing kick the can with all the neighborhood friends- we had so much fun!

1. 59
      gautams1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for sharing.

3. ripplemaker profile image91
    ripplemakerposted 4 years ago

I know this is going to sound crazy for some -- but I had to leave home early (when I was around 8) to study in another city so I was homesick a lot -- and it was during this time I became friends with God and I would talk to him every day.  It sure made things bearable.  That's my best memory of my childhood ever.

1. 59

Thank you for sharing your spiritual journey.

4. peachpower profile image60
    peachpowerposted 4 years ago

I have so many!!! Oh my gosh... Are you SURE it has to be just one??

Most of my favorites revolve around my brother and myself- we had some serious fun. Our mother was very strict, and I do NOT use that term loosely. We couldn't sleep with pillows, have sugar, drink soda, watch television; nothing. Absolutely nothing. Looking back, she was a MAJOR control freak; totally an authoritarian parenting style. It was kind of like being in jail, with the exception of prisoners having more freedom. So naturally, we rebelled here and there. (Myself a great deal more than him, oddly enough, I just posted a Hub about that this evening.) I remember that we had some Jello instant cheesecake mix in the pantry, and Ma was slated to be at work well into the evening. We made the first one and devoured it. I mean you would've thought we'd never EATEN before- that's how quickly it was inhaled. So, we made another. Imagine our distress when the 2nd one didn't taste like the first. Distress squared (!!!) when we heard her car in the driveway. We ran out into the backyard with the cheesecake and threw the entire thing- pie plate and all- over our backyard fence, into the yard of the house behind ours.

We still laugh about that to this day.

1. 59

This is a great childhood story. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.