jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Large white space under photo capsule

1. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

Just tried to publish this hub: http://theraggededge.hubpages.com/hub/H … t-Portrait and there's a huge white space right in the middle. Have deleted capsule and reinserted but it still keeps appearing, so have unpublished.

Thanks in advance.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If you want us to see it and maybe explain what is happening, it needs to be published

theraggededgeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, will do it now.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

The picture was slow to load, but once it loaded it looked fine to me.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I see the photo with a large blank space before the Amazon capsules.   
    I don't know why that would happen.  I would keep it published and perhaps someone will come along and offer help.  It looks like a great, informative hub.  Cute cats!

The images loaded fine for me, not slow at all.
    I wonder if it would help if you move the Stage 6 capsule underneath the image.  Then the Amazon capsules and Stage 7?  Or you could move Stage 6 capsule underneath the image and move the Amazon capsules to the right of Stage 6 and Stage 7.  But if the white space remains, I don't know.

theraggededgeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks rebekahElle, I already tried moving the capsules around. The white space follows that pic capsule wherever I move it.

Hope that a techie will reply - never had this problem before.

Edited to say, I tried it in different browsers and it's still there.

5. theraggededge profile image96

Done some more fiddling around. Changed and moved a couple of photos, rearranged the capsules - no luck. I still have an acre of blank space right in the middle of my hub.

Checked the source code and noticed this right after the photo capsule that seems to be causing the problem: </div></div></div></div></div><div . Elsewhere there are three or four divs but not six like this.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Hub layout.

Is this the space to which you are referring right above "Step Six - The Body"?

6. theraggededge profile image96

Hi Matthew,

Yes, that's where it was/is. I think I have fixed it now, although there is still a small gap there. It was the size and orientation of the photos. Once I made sure they were all landscape oriented and of similar size, it went away. I think there is still one that is slightly larger than the others, hence the small remaining white space.

Thanks

Bev

Closed to reply

working