jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (20 posts)

How long does it take for a hubpage to get published?

1. Warren Clark profile image61
    Warren Clarkposted 4 years ago

I find it kind of ridiculous that I have been waiting for a couple weeks now for one of my hubpages to be published. What was the longest time you have ever had it take to get a hubpage to publish?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Hubs that need a manual review go into a queue and it takes however long it takes to get through that list.  Have you just been sitting there waiting, or did you follow up with the moderators about it?  They say they normally get through the queue in about 72 hours.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Relache are new accounts subject to moderation? I've seen quite a few mentions of moderation for first hubs lately.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You'll have to ask the moderators or ask every single new person who tries to publish a Hub to know for sure. 

I will agree with you that it does seem that more and more accounts are showing signs of being moderated right off the bat.  I have some theories as to how and why that happens, but they are based on my own observations and I know if I say something people will start spreading it around as though it is fact even if I make it really clear it's just some ideas I have.

3. bettynj profile image61
    bettynjposted 4 years ago

I am waitting.  I wrote my first hub the day before yesterday.  And I submited it for publication.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago via iphone

I published a hub yesterday and it had the new pending symbol applied.  It seems as though all new hubs get analyzed in the same way as those that are edited after having zzz. Mine then published/indexed as normal within 24 hours.

5. Warren Clark profile image61
    Warren Clarkposted 4 years ago

Noticed the hubpage in question was posted, it took a while, most likely because it was flagged by a moderator and I had to edit it and resubmit. I was just concerned because I'v had an article flagged before but it never took so long to post. But they were probably backed up.Hopefully this thread will stay up to answer a similar question someone may have.

6. bettynj profile image61

Help! Now the status of my first hub is  "submitted for publication",  I submitted it 3 days ago.

7. relache profile image87

None of us can help you, Betty.  You'll have to take it up with the moderators.

8. bettynj profile image61

Thank you ,Relache
    I can not find who is our moderator.

9. relache profile image87
  10. bettynj profile image61

Tks a lot Relache

11. bettynj profile image61

My first hub is published, The idle status is pending. What does that mean? 

And I can not find it on hubpages...

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
      MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hover over the pending icon, it will tell you. I published a new hub as well... but it's been almost two days, and it's still on pending. Suppose we just have to be patient.

12. bettynj profile image61

Thanks for your reply.Marlene.   I read your hub and I find there are google ads in it.  Do you have a google ads account before?  I don't have. I have to write first and then apply one.

1. MarleneBotha profile image76
      MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this
  13. MarleneBotha profile image76
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

No. I don't have one as yet. Will write another two or three hubs before I apply.

14. bettynj profile image61

The idle status is featured. What does it mean? I can not find my hub in hubpages.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Featured is good - it means it can be indexed by search engines.

It can take a little while for the Hubpages internal search to pick it up.

15. bettynj profile image61

Thank you WryLilt. You mean though the hub is published, We can not see it at once?

working