jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (28 posts)

Is anyone really making money here?

1. MAGICFIVE profile image82
    MAGICFIVEposted 4 years ago

I'mcurious.  Is anyone really making money here?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago

What do you mean by "really?"  Do you think it's all just pretend?

2. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

People are.  How much, and how fast, depends on a whole lot of things; but they/we are.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Tempted to fool around here, but paradigmsearch senses danger...

4. securityproducts3 profile image61
      securityproducts3posted 4 years ago

Ya, Hubpages.

1. tussin profile image61
        tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

5. Green Bard profile image91
      Green Bardposted 4 years ago

Yes, but nowhere near as much as I would like!

6. MAGICFIVE profile image82

Oh okay, just curious!  Obviously, I'm not (ha)!  I just read some advice that went something like this:  Sales hubs make you the most money with Amazon, such as writing about  "Great Craft Kits for Girls" for instance, and then selling the craft kits you mention with your article.  What does everyone think of this advice?

7. janesix profile image71
      janesixposted 4 years ago

Yes. I made over 1 cent yesterday. And I'm not exaggerating.

8. Norman Stein profile image62
      Norman Steinposted 4 years ago

I think money can be made here.  I'm only here for 3 weeks now and with just 25 hubs I expect to finish the month at about $6.  I know, not much, but I more than expect to get payout next month and every month after that.  I'd say 90% of my hubs are product related, I also expect to have about 75 hubs by the end of next month.

Sales/Product hubs do make more money, that's to be expected.  From looking at your hubs I think you have some excellent opportunities there assuming your current hubs get good targeted traffic.

For example, you could write a few hubs about Gerbil products like one for new owners, toys for Gerbils even one about the best books.  Then you can link to those hubs from your existing Gerbil hub.  The same thing could be done with the hub about children's party games.  You get the idea.

Also, no matter what the hub is about or it's intent you could link a book or relevant product about the subject matter in a sidebar Amazon module.

I wouldn't go overboard with this though as you might scare off your readers with too many ads.

The idea here is that once a reader is here, reading YOUR hub, you want to at least get them to click on something that makes you money.

You can always continue to make informational hubs, I would just use them as a portal to your sales hubs.

1. 0
        Teresa Higginsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just lurking here, but, thanks for the advice Mr. Stein, I found it helpful!

MAGICFIVEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes!  Thank you, also...that is very helpful advice!

9. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago

Google do not like "gateway" pages, those that just seek to grab the traffic for "buy the best thingumy" and then send that traffic straight to the Amazon page for the best thingumy.. Why go through your page first? Google will just cut you out and send the traffic direct to Amazon, you need to add value!

You need to have pages like "which is best, thingumy A or thingumy B?" or "my personal experiences with assembling the Whatsit 2000" or maybe ......  Not just "buy the XYZ online"

Hope that makes sense..

Oh, and yes you can really make money on HP and elsewhere online - if you work hard

10. talfonso profile image90
      talfonsoposted 4 years ago

Yes! And I expect to make $25 or more this month just like the last. I think that has something to do with evergreen content as well as seasonal. I have been writing on profitable topics, likes arts and crafts and health.

11. MAGICFIVE profile image82

Yes, Leanman, that makes sense!  In other words, don't just sell product, because that will annoy people.  Give them something interesting to read, too...maybe some personal experience and anecdotes thrown in.  I wish I could make 25 dollars...then again, with all the great writing we're all doing, and all the time we put into it...I think we should all be making more, don't you?  Or maybe we just do it because we like doing it.

12. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 4 years ago

Yes!  Some of us make more than others, but I get money every single month for doing nothing additional over what I established a couple of years ago.  I haven't written a hub in a good while.  Due to some seasonal hubs, the bulk of my income hits at one time and during that time it's more than enough to pay the mortgage.  For the rest of the year it pays quite a few bills each month.  Every hub counts.....keep writing!  As soon as things settle down a bit, I'll be back to writing again!

13. wymyczak66 profile image92
      wymyczak66posted 4 years ago

When I first joined hubpages, I would have been happy to even make $5/yr because that would be $5 I wouldn't have had before (plus I secretly just enjoyed writing hubs and would have done it for free anyways).

Since Easter, my hubviews have been in the toilet, so imagine my surprise when I received a $52 payment this month! *fist pump*

^ Some hubbers would laugh at this payment, but I only have 17 hubs and hardly write or even visit this site for the most part, so to find a payment that was almost the same as my payment in April before the death of my hubviews was really exciting news for me.

Like relache said, I'm not sure what you consider "really" making money, but I felt guilty after going to target and buying clothes, and that payment made me feel better because it paid for most of my clothing splurge...so I'm a happy camper for now, haha

14. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Today is HP payday. smile

15. urmilashukla23 profile image81
      urmilashukla23posted 4 years ago

The most I got $10.00

16. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Making money on Hubpages can be anything from 1c to as much money as one can imagine. If I may take a leap and ask if your question is geared more towards, 'Can I make some significant amount of money to supplement or replace my current income', then thats a much more difficult question to answer.

Its is always difficult to answer as it depends on one's circumstances and the needs for a particular (set or expected) amount of income.

I may suggest that with what potential income you generate from Hubpages consider;

1. Don't be reliant on income from Hubpages to always be there month in, month out.
      2. Don't rely on an income to pay bills.
      3. Don't be complacent once you start to earn a significant amount ($500+) or more.
      4. Don't only just write on Hubpages, spread around your work to other portfolio's as well.

Most of us long timers here have learn't (some the hard way) that putting all one's eggs into one basket can be potentially disastrous (in terms of dramatic loss of income if one's work is banned or traffic drops by as much as 80%)

Hope you consider my points above.

MAGICFIVEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I get it - don't rely on Hub Pages alone...if I did that, i'd be living in a cardboard box and wouldn't even have my computer, so there would be no more Hub Pages, anyway!  No, seriously - I understand what you mean.  If you make some extra income here, it's nice.....but dont' count on it....I like Hub Pages - even if it wasn't a "monetized" site, I would still like it....but hey, if there's a chance to even make a little bit of money, I just want to know what I can do to grab that chance!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To grab that chance, take your time, be patient, write lots! But seriously, have lots of fun along the way !!!! smile

17. Rimzim profile image60
      Rimzimposted 4 years ago

Receive two cheques from hubpages total of $130 & also earning through adsense via hubpages.
      If I can earn money here then anyone can earn decent money here.

Because I am not a good writer or English spoken person. smile

1. Rimzim profile image60
        Rimzimposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I mean payment through paypal not by cheque ( hubpages earning program only support paypal account currently) & receive cheques from Adsense.

18. Good Guy profile image93
      Good Guyposted 4 years ago

You need to work very hard.  But it certainly does pay.

19. yasir.creep profile image58
      yasir.creepposted 4 years ago

Any one please tell me how can i earn more and more through hubpages ? hmm

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The key is to actually write a hub or two...

1. 2uesday profile image87
          2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The clue is in the pages part of the name.