jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

SUGGESTION: Schedule a Hub

1. profile image0
    B A N K A I guyposted 4 years ago

Just a suggestion that you could write a hub and set it to auto publish at a later time/date. This would fit into the hubtool and would be like the ability that YouTube partners have...

1. Christine Miranda profile image88
      Christine Mirandaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just posted this same suggestion then saw your post. Great Minds! cool

Some people are actually organized and write hubs before the season, event, holiday etc has arrived. Being able to postpone publishing would be very nice indeed.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

But the point at which A hub is published isn't of huge significance in the overall scheme. HP is not a blog.

We write mostly for Google, not fans here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's true that when a Hub is published isn't that important.  However, now that freshness is so important, I think there could be a benefit to drip-feeding your Hubs.

I know several Hubbers who write Hubs in fits and starts, writing a bunch of Hubs all at once, then not writing anything for a while.  Being able to schedule those Hubs to appear over time could be a good feature.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Has the freshness link been verified? I've seen many people state they write regularly and lose traffic, then others who stopped writing going strong.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

On HubPages, who knows?  My account is still experiencing roller-coasters so I've come to no conclusions.  However, Google states that freshness is important so I think we have to take that seriously.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok. I still have an account I haven't written on in over a year which is seeing traffic increase at a gradual but steady rate.

3. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, B A N K A I guy. I'll capture this one for our developers for a future enhancement.

4. profile image0
    B A N K A I guyposted 4 years ago via iphone

No problem!

working