jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

So I recently applied for Google Adsense and my got rejected

1. jukels profile image60
    jukelsposted 4 years ago

I registered on Hubpages some few days ago, published an article of over 1,000 words, updated my profile, and took the required steps for the Google Adsense program, but I got bounced back. What could be wrong?

1. WritingPrompts profile image73
      WritingPromptsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've also read that they want to see a (sub)domain that's been around for 6 months or more before they approve you. Your subdomain here is only as old as your account, so you may just need to wait a few months before they will consider you.  (Maybe they waive that 6 month thing if you have enough content - so try again after you get that 10 hub milestone.)

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You need more hubs,  Like 10.

1. jukels profile image60
      jukelsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's overwhelming, don't you think? Considering the fact that I'm just an upcoming writer

1. CapnFatz profile image60
        CapnFatzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh.. in that case you will need to publish a hundred.  By then you will have graduated from upcoming writer to writer in training. smile

In all seriousness... just write. 

While I'm fairly new to HP,  I've hacked out a few words in my time.

Here's what you do...

Tell a story. Stake a position. Lift your reader.  Educate those who are thirsty for knowledge. 

That is what writers do and life is full of things to write about.

--Why are worn tennis shoes better than new ones?  Should we care that they're made in sweat shops?  Better, are the sweat shops even sweat shops? 

--Is it even possible to exist without a cell phone?

--What would happen if we elected no one for President?

--There is something fundamentally wrong with people who insist on carting half their household goods with them for an afternoon outing on the beach.

Heck,  I could blast three thousand to four thousand words out on those topics alone.  It wouldn't be any good, but I could.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't make the rules.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Google wants to see established web presences that demonstrate they will draw traffic, which in turn will make money.  They don't think you've demonstrated that you are capable of that at this point.

And if you think 10 hubs is too much work, wait until you try and make more than a penny per day,....

working