jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Does anyone try to optimize for Yahoo or Bing?

1. Norman Stein profile image61
    Norman Steinposted 4 years ago

Just a thought, with all the Panda stuff going on I was wondering if anyone has tried going this route.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't know where to begin. smile

2. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just found this "How to Optimise for Bing." Interesting.

http://www.bing.com/community/site_blog … -bing.aspx

2. tussin profile image61
    tussinposted 4 years ago

Yahoo and Bing use the same cues as Google to tell if a webpage is relevant to a search query.  Keywords in the text, alt and title tags in images, meta descriptions, appropriate title and h tags, etc. There's really nothing you can do differently to make a page show up higher in Yahoo than what you do for Google. Also, Bing's search results are nearly identical to Google's.

hmm

3. Hollie Thomas profile image59
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I have no idea if this helps or not (and I wouldn't know how to optimise for Bing, either) However, of late I've been submitting new pages to Bing and have been receiving much more traffic from Bing and Yahoo than I ever have before.

1. Doodlehead profile image82
      Doodleheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Here's a question that shows my complete ignorance:  how do you "submit a page to Bing"?   Do you submit a hubpage article to Bing?  Thank you.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59

I've posted the URL beneath. Just submit each new page as it's published.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good next project for me. The only reason I haven't already done that was I didn't know if it would actually do any good. Thanks.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59

http://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url

It says submit home page URL but I just submit each new page as it's published. I then use pingler.com and ping, ping away.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I tend to assume most SEO works across platform.

Norman Steinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I do know that Yahoo places much more weight on keyword density than Google does, and, where Google will delist you if your KW density is too high (5% ?), Yahoo will reward you with a top SERP listing.

If you search for 'electric smoker' on yahoo, an eBay page is first with 'electric smoker' on the page about a zillion times, whereas on Google the first listing is a page with a low density for that KW.  Or, in other words Yahoo lists a page first with no real text, just tons of KW, while Google lists a page with tons of text and a low KW density.

Now with Bing, I have no idea at all.

I guess the question is, with all the shakeup with Google rankings lately is anyone trying to rank for Yahoo, yes, less traffic, but much easier to rank with long tail keywords, so you'll at least get some traffic.

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Well I certainly wouldn't do something to rank on Bing or Yahoo that would lose me rank on Google.  To the extent they differ, you have to aim for Google.

Norman Steinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be a very interesting test to make two articles with the same target keyword, one with a high density and one with a low density and see which one does better overall.

I think I'll do this on Sunday.

working