jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Record low ever since joining in 2008

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

This month hits my record low for adsense earnings, I did not even reach payout! This has not happened since 2008 when I first joined. I find this odd as it never happened before. Thankfully, the hubpages ad program along with amazon/ebay helps compensate the loss, so I am not complaining, but I just wonder what may be going on? With more than 800 articles here, not sure why google adsense has suddenly decided to just not like me anymore..I am happy I have many clients to write for and have my eggs is different baskets which is helping me keep up.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Google was big on 1-cent, 2-cent, 3-cent clicks for me this month. Not their fault; cheap advertisers. Hopefully, things will be better in September.

2. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 4 years ago

This month has been bad for me compared to earlier months and months last year in 2011. My traffic continues to decline. I don't know if it's just because the articles I have are being searched less over time or if it's because it's August and not yet the holiday times. Many people are going back to school and work etc..So searches on the internet may be different.

3. janesix profile image74
      janesixposted 4 years ago

Earning money from writing online is really hard to do anymore. It sucks

4. glassvisage profile image81
      glassvisageposted 4 years ago

I have been on HubPages since 2006 and this is my lowest point for quite a while. My traffic started to go down around February. I hardly get Google AdSense earnings anymore; most comes from the HubPages program.

1. aa lite profile image91
        aa liteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most of my Adsense earnings come from other sites, not HubPages, but since the start of August they have been dropping.  The views are the same but the CTR and the CPC are going down.  I could understand the CPC being down to advertisers paying less, but the CTR?  I can't believe that people suddenly stopped clicking from month to month.

There has been speculation that Google has changed the way it validates clicks.  Some people have even suggested that it is experiencing "data losses".  I don't know if that is true but the RPM is getting to ridiculously low levels.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
      Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

As I said in the 'Intro to Idled Hubs' forum, I don't know why we don't just get 'archives'. Least they may still get found whereas complete de-index does no good for goals of writer or the site. It's done on blogger why not us too?

6. paradigmsearch profile image90

My traffic already appears to have started rising in anticipation of the new week.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mine, too.

7. UnnamedHarald profile image93
      UnnamedHaraldposted 4 years ago

This last couple of week or so, on days my hubs have seen rising views, I'm seeing lower daily earnings. I understand this is supposedly because advertisers are paying less, but I'm getting to the point of reevaluating whether HubPages is worth the effort. You can only go so far on sweat and hope.

1. Judi Bee profile image87
        Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed a lower CPM over the last few days too, just as I had an upturn in views.

8. UnnamedHarald profile image93
      UnnamedHaraldposted 4 years ago

Although still marked as pending, my earnings for the last three days have just increased by 50%. Just FYI.

9. paradigmsearch profile image90

Darn it! My traffic just dropped below a round number...