jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Google Adsense account disabled - how do I remove google ads

1. samiaali profile image61
    samiaaliposted 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to remove Google ads? My account was disabled so I want to remove their ads. 

Thank you.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The ads you see are Hubpages. If you don't want any ads at all you can set it up for each hub, however you cannot link to any commercial sites from that hub and I'm not sure if that includes Amazon and Ebay ads also.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Amazon and eBay are two of the biggest commercial websites in the world, designed to do nothing but sell things.  How would those get around the "no outgoing commercial links" qualification?

3. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

You might want to consider removing all your hubs and setting up web sites of your own, which you monetise in ways other than Adsense.

I think you are very stuck here without an Adsense account.

4. samiaali profile image61

Thank you WriteAngled, relache, and Uninvited Writer. I do appreciate that you took the time to respond to my question.

I still can't even believe that this happened as I know that I did nothing wrong. It is amazing how Google Adsense can actually accuse you of violating their policies without telling you exactly what happened. It is very upsetting to me as writing is important to me.

I think you are right WriteAngled. I don't see any point in having my articles or writing any new ones on a site that I have been banned from earning money on. I have a blog and maybe can set up other ones. This is very sad for me and I am still in shock that this happened. Maybe the worst thing is that I will never know what happened.

Does anyone know if I can remove my articles from Hubpages and put them on my own blogs? I don't imagine if I remove them from here that there is any reason why I can't put them on my own site.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You may indeed republish them somewhere else.  Your HP hubs are owned by you, not HP, and you may do whatever you wish with them.

5. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I know, the whole thing stinks! It used to be a strong principle in democracies that people were innocent until proved guilty. Google preferred to go down the Stalinist route and see people as being automatically guilty. Like the Stalinists, it does not even leave the way open for people to prove they are innocent.

Once you unpublish your hubs here, you can remove them from Google's index here:

I did this with some hubs. It only takes 24-36 hours.

You need to be signed up with webmaster tools I think. Perhaps someone else can clarify further. I have gmail and got into webmaster tools through that.

6. samiaali profile image61

Hi wilderness and WriteAngled, Thank you very much for your responses.  I will remove my articles from HP and put them on my blog. 
    WriteAngled - Yes, it is sad that one can be discarded so easily, so quickly, with only a general reason but no real explanation. Thank you for telling me about removing them from the index. I'm not great with computer stuff so I really appreciate it.