jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Adsense and Paypal

1. MarleneBotha profile image77
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

I'm almost ready to submit my application to Google AdSense. Problem is... I have a PayPal account, but no valid credit card/bank card to link to it as yet - my cards do not work for some reason. So I have to go to the bank to get a new card that will work with processing payments on PayPal. Question is... Can I apply for an AdSense account so long, and worry about Paypal later on (because I know it usually takes a few months before the first payout)?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can set your Adsense up to send you out a check until you get the bank account issues figured out.  I don't think you need a PayPal account, as you can either receive a paper check in the mail, or have your money direct deposited into a bank account.

2. MarleneBotha profile image77
    MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago

Exchanging the check here in South Africa from Dollars to Rands will cut away half of the money. But I will have it sorted out before the first payment. Thanks a lot for the response.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can get direct deposit from Adsense.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Adsense does not pay through PayPal. You need Adsense and Paypal to get paid in the HP Ads Program.  You can apply for Adsense and not worry about it. You might find if you get Adsense that you will earn more from them without being signed up for the earnings program.

I don't have a credit card linked to my PayPal either and I get paid by HubPages and others. But, I got rid of my card after I already had a validated account.  There are some places where I can't purchase with PayPal without a credit card attached, like Facebook credits (which is actually a good thing) or if it'll be a recurring charge (although not all do that).

1. MarleneBotha profile image77
      MarleneBothaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is there any explanation as to why your earnings are more without the HB AdProgram?

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You don;t need a credit card to open paypal.  You can just let the money build up, spend it online, direct deposit it to a bank account, or get a paypal card and withdraw right from an ATM.

working