jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Forum Post for Hub - No Category for My Poetry or HoW to WAsh a hOg

1. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

There is a sword, which usually has two sides to it. A saber has one edge to it. There is a difference and they each have different purposes. Oddly, we have a saber tooth tiger, yet we don't have a sword tooth tiger. The saber of the tooth is due to the curve more than the edge. Sabers tend to be curved and swords tend to be straight. The Samurai Sword tends to be straight, yet not quite, and one edge. Possibly the difference between Eastern and Western thought.

What does that have to do with hub, no link available, is probably nothing. Except they are both made by smiths of metal.

2. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 4 years ago

You aren't sure what category tsmog? Or you are not able to publish your poem?

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't see a category for Surrealism. Then again with 55 categories of poetry it would be difficult to list them all. I went with the first entry simply 'Poems and Poetry.' Published it be, since there is where I am from, not long ago. Thanks for stopping in. I am not sure If I will be able to say howdy to all, although you may be all of them, who knows.

I'm hoping for dialogue regarding my heroes gender - woman. Some of my heroes are of NHRA Drag Racing fame, a study for some years now. A local hero of mine is miss olive. I have a lot of writer heroes of that gender and a few who are fighter pilots too.

My first awakening took place at Palomar Community College and studying women's issues. Other sociology classes helped too. Like I have been quoted saying, although those quoting in the workplace don't know the meaning. Give me a hammer and I'll break that 'Glass Ceiling.' I only ask one thing. Have a few 'band' aids ready. Glass can be sharp. Maybe Thor will loan me his. AA Zavala knows what I mean regarding that.

See I wandered. Hence the reason for the forum instead of a comment, lol.

1. snakeslane profile image81
        snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like I was all of them smile
        Thanks for working on the ceiling.

1. tsmog profile image84
          tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Snakeslane. I don't know if you ventured to the blog I work on, one of  many, yet that one has tsmog as the author, yet that too is a mystery today. With spontaneous recovery in my foyer, having walked through a door, offered a choice of a name, of which for authorship I chose Mitch Summers, I have been exposed to or encompassed within information overload, while seeking to express it.

Take a peek, if you haven't at a poem of the surrealism venue here at this  link, <link snipped> I speculate you did take a peek and learned how negativity in the form or art is actually quite beautiful and not really a bad thing at all.

Now, you may be the only one, yet the one, or you could be a spokesperson for all of them. A mystery, who knows, I dun'no.

Yet, I do thank you . . .