jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Creating a link under the new profile

1. Anonymous00 profile image79
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

This question is with regards to how to create a link in the new profiles bio section. Prior to upgrading my profile I was able to highlight and select a link too include behind text. Useful for having a link on the main profile pointing to 'Join Hubpages' for referrals. Although now that I have upgraded, it seems I am unable to add a link. Is there any way to do this? Or am I simply overlooking something? Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't.  The only spot that is a customizable link is the slot for "your website."

2. Anonymous00 profile image79
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

That's unfortunate. I miss having a 'Join Hubpages' type link. I guess I could put this under the 'website link' of the profile. Or as another workaround just list the URL in the Biography itself. Thanks for the confirmation smile

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I wonder if anyone, ever, signed up on a profile "Join Hubpages" link.

Anonymous00posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I cant say whether or not anyone has or if it's a common occurrence. But I'd think it would only serve as a benefit to have it display there regardless. There would be instances where it could be useful to have.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All my visitors are from search engines. That means they usually neither care nor know who I am - and even if they do somehow find their way to my profile it's to email me, not because they are a writer. And if I want to get someone to sign up, I send them a link directly. smile

Anonymous00posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh I agree. Direct contact would be ideal for referring. But for instance, if you advertise on Facebook, and someone decides they wish to partake, after having a look through your articles and profile. They may just select 'Join' It's a possibility. So I wouldn't be bothered by letting it sit there in the event of smile But on the other hand, if you can't make a 'Join' link, you can't make any link what so ever. And I think having the capability to create links behind text on the profile is beneficial. Sad to see this feature stripped in the new profile. However I am looking forward to the fresh interface none the less. big_smile Thanks for all the insights smile

working