Keywords in Comment section

1. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago

One of the things I watch is how far off topic people are when they comment on my hubs. I try to ensure that they are talking about the same thing that I'm talking about in my hubs so that it is keyword and keyword related rich. I generally will respond to someone who is off topic up to three times. After that I delete those comments because I think it confuses the search engines.

Anybody else do that?

2. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Once a Kword is found in the main elements of an Article {header, meta, tags} it moves on to the content section. If it reads too many identical Kwords in-content, it will stop crawling the Kword or throw a "keyword stuffing" error. By the time it reaches the commentary section, it is pretty much too late.

Spiders//Robots are not normally programmed to determine the difference between paragraph content and comment sections. It is treated as one large textual area, unless special measures are put in place.

If the article itself is loaded with identical Kwords, as well as the commentary, it can be deemed "too much of a good thing".  On the other hand, should Kwords or Tags be found in-comments, "related" or "similar" to the main Kwords, that is considered a "good thing". 

More often than not, people unknowing make comments that contain strong Kwords writers might have overlooked. And yes, too far off topic is never a valuable thing for the sake of readership, not search results.

1. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks for confirming that. I'm aware of keyword stuffing. It was the 'off topic' bit that worried me. I tend to delete too many comments that are off topic and it gets touchy sometimes when i do that. Thanks for confirming. smile