jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

DUPLICATE: Flexible Payouts

1. 0
    B A N K A I guyposted 4 years ago

I will not name any sites, but some sites allow flexible payouts whereby you choose the paymount threshold and if money goes to charity. Would be nice to get a similar (but better!) feature here.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image94
      Anti-Valentineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Also cheque or PayPal instead of just one or the other.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

It's obvious you're describing Squidoo.

The HubPages payout system has already seen a lot of changes over the years, many of which have been geared towards getting more people more frequently payments. 

I'd rather they work on getting rid of the low-quality content and getting our Google traffic back.  That would get everyone hitting payout a lot more.

3. 0
    B A N K A I guyposted 4 years ago

It is obvious what I was talking about, just didnt want to mention it!

4. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

I for one would welcome some flexibility in payouts, or at least a lower payout threshold.

5. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Personally, I would not be interested in the charity option. Charities selected for such a scheme would inevitably be in the US. If I support a charity, I want it to be one in the UK that deals in areas of particular concern to me and operates on a fairly local level (more transparency and without the bloated administration and high wages that tend to be found in charities operating on national/international levels).

However, I do think it would be useful to set a lower threshold, but also let people store up money for as long as they want before requesting a payout. Even the ghastly Helium, which otherwise exploits its authors dreadfully, is able to offer this, or at least did when I tried writing there a long time ago.

1. 0
      B A N K A I guyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well said!  I am based in the UK but I would still like the option there for our friends across the pond, as at least some American charities will gain more funds. Who knows, they maybe could set up one big UK charity fund that people from the UK who have added to the pot vote where it goes?

6. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

This is a suggestion that has already been made several times before. 

The primary discussion and response is here:

along with the suggestion of consolidating payment across multiple accounts.

There was a specific discussion just on the lower payout threshold here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/100417

In short, after some investigation on my part, the $50 threshold is there because that's the optimal payout to balance the associated fees and processing on our end.

And this forum suggested alternatives to Paypal: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/100636

After investigation, it is not feasible for us to pay out any other way.

For further comment, please use on of those forums as I am closing this one.

Closed to reply