jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

New Followers

1. Krysanthe profile image91
    Krysantheposted 4 years ago

First off, let me say this.  I am not in any way, shape, or form complaining.  I'm just curious as to why.

Over the last week or so, I've noticed I've gotten a lot more followers.  Anywhere from one to three a day.  Bear in mind, I haven't published a hub in a couple of months.  I rarely post in the forums or answer questions (I know, I'm such a slacker).  Is anyone all of a sudden getting more followers?   Anyone know why this is happening? 

Like I said, just curious.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It could be due to the new profiles, where other hubbers are recommended. Or possibly someone read one of your hubs, and shared it, and it's being shared around. You never know.

Krysantheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ohhhh, come to think of it I did just update to the new profile myself about a week ago.  Not sure why it would, but it could have something to do with it.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would just go a figuring that I had some interesting hubs up that are attracting others. smile  Many new members will "follow" other members.  However, be cautious about following them back as it could pull down your Hubber Score if they are not up in the numbers themselves.  Overall, I review those who follow me, and see if what they write about interests me, and if so, most of the time, I will return the follow.

3. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too have seen an increase. My thought is that most of them are new hubbers and they think that by following higher score hubbers it will benefit them. I do not see the purpose in having 5-800 followers. How in the world do you monitor that many hubbers new articles. Surely no one has time to check what they are writing as it is submitted. If someone who follows me has work I like and its good I will return the follow. I do not want hundreds of followers.

2. lorddraven2000 profile image87
    lorddraven2000posted 4 years ago

I would love some new followers, lol. I have seen a slight increase but nothing overly impressive just yet.

Krysantheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha...I said I wasn't complaining about getting more followers...heck, I'm glad to have them.   Just seemed odd to be getting them out of the blue...not like I'm doing anything epic on hubpages currently to deserve them.

3. hifizah profile image60
    hifizahposted 4 years ago

It's good, isn't it? I'm new here and haven't got any followers so far. Would love to have them :-) You must have published something interesting so other hubbers follow you.