jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Is it necessary to add a picture to a hub?

1. jukels profile image60
    jukelsposted 4 years ago

I was just wondering, if it's all that important to include images to a new Hub.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image58
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i think so.... 'a picture is worth a thousand words' right?...or whatever the expression is ....the pic may initially attract someone to read what is written

2. 0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I find it gets more coin... smile

3. Dale Hyde profile image88
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would certainly encourage adding photos.  The stats allow me to see how many views my photos get, and it certainly reflects that the photos do draw in viewers.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Hubs without pictures can't be added to the selection of featured Hubs on your profile. 

You might also want to read this, http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/02/photo-tips/

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Of course, those photographs must be legal for you to use them smile

A photo also increases the chance that someone will pin your hub on Pinterest.

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

If you had two magazine articles in front of you, both on the same topic, which would you be more drawn to, the one with a photo included, or the one with just text? Photos and illustrations add visual interest. As Uninvited Writer said, you need to make sure they are legal, but there are a lot of options for providing visual appeal to your text.

5. blaiddgoch profile image80
    blaiddgochposted 4 years ago

It is not a "must do" but adding picture(s) to your hub does make it look more appealing,
    You must ensure the photos are legal and not copyrighted aswell before you upload any.

6. Dale Hyde profile image88
    Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago

I had posted to this thread earlier, but since then I have been to Google Analytics and was checking out some things. What I noticed was that my hubs that had interesting photo galleries on it, well the traffic to those slideshows outweighed the views of the hub. Not sure if that is good for the overall statistics of a hub, however it does show me the value of using related photos as they seemingly do draw more views overall to the hub.

7. atotsm profile image60
    atotsmposted 4 years ago

It depends. Most of the time I think you will like to add pictures. Other times you maybe want to make a point about pictures and you don't add any picture.