jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Issues using Chrome 21 scroll bar

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

It has been weeks since the glitch with the navigation bar, ever since the switch to the new hub layout. It takes forever to navigate with the bar or the arrows as it keeps jumping. This only happens on the hubs. It does not happen in the forums, questions, topics pages, or any other pages on the site.  it does not happen on any other site I visit.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cardisa

I just tested some Hubs using the Chrome 21 in Windows XP and didn't see anything wonky.

Where exactly are you having issue navigating?
      Can you provide a screenshot?
      Is this when you are viewing a published Hub or when you are editing an existing Hub?

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think I may have made a mistake....not the nav bar but the scroll bar....yikes!

For a few months while scrolling through published hubs....the page would keep jumping. It takes a while to read the hub because of this. It also keeps jumping when I try to go to the comments box. I saw this issue posted before but couldn't find it. Sorry about the mistake with the navigation bar thing....I meant scrolling issue. smile

Cardisa.

Thanks for the clarification.
          I just tried moving around a published Hub using the browser scroll bar on the left in Chrome 21 in Windows XP and didn't run into the issue you are seeing.
          We would love to track this down and see if it is a site issue that we can address.

Is it all Hubs?
          Is there something specific that causes it to occur?
          This might seem like a weird question, but are you using a computer with a trackpad/touchpad (laptop) or a mouse?

Laptop. But only seems to occur on HP in published hubs. I have no problem with scrolling through the forums, hubs in edit mode, my stats page or any other page except for hubs that I am reading.

The reason I asked about a touchpad is that I have personally experienced navigation issue that sounds similar to what you are seeing when using multiple machines I have with touchpads.

The main issue is accidentally touching the navigation pad while typing, but it doesn't sound like that is what is occurring for you.

If that was the case, then I would have suggested checking out a free windows program called Touchfreeze.

I mention it now as it might help other folks with a similar issue, but I don't think it would necessarily address the exact issue you are experiencing.

Does the issue occur for you in any other browser, like Firefox 15?

Since I am still unable to reproduce the issue, it might make sense to see if you can capture video of the problem as it occurs.

That way we have something that we can forward to our engineering team.
              Camstudio is a great and free windows program that does just this.
              http://camstudio.org/

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

?  Is it a browser related problem?  I don't have a problem with navigating the site.  I use Firefox.

Could be but it only happens while on the hub. I will try Firefox and IE and see what happens. I saw some time ago someone else had the same problem that's why I asked when it will be fixed....oooops...error in title.

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

The nav bar has been a problem now for me for months, in Chrome at any rate.

working