jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

SUGGESTION: Enhanced "Templates"

1. smeyerz profile image60
    smeyerzposted 4 years ago

Make it so when choosing a template, not only do the "boxes" appear, but you can choose to have text appear in those boxes, or pictures in boxes in the template. Would make posting new hubs a lot easier and less time consuming.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

My goodness, you have a LOT of suggestions for someone who's only been on the site 7 days. Maybe you should make your own site - you can do whatever you want there!

smeyerzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thought about it, but frankly don't have the time to do it.

2. tussin profile image58
      tussinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Length of time s/he's been on the site ain't got no bearing on whether or not his/her suggestions are valid.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I look at profiles, and someone who has been here for two weeks, has 15 Hubs and is following over 3,000 people who then asks for a new feature to be built because typing the same five words into each Hub takes too much of their time strikes me as someone whose suggestion should not be considered.

3. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, smeyerz, but I'm not sure I understand it. What text or photos would you want to appear in the Capsules, by default? And wouldn't it be more work to replace it with the text and photos you are going to put there...lest you mass produce a lot of writing that is duplicative (something not allowed on HubPages)?

For reviews, I always have a text box that I have to type in something like this:

Artist:
      Track:
      Genre:
      MusicHub Rating:

And then I always have my MusicHub banner at the top and bottom, and although it doesn't take that much time to put all of those in the template, it does take time, which I have a limited amount of.

1. MickiS profile image94
        MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I see what you mean, smeyerz. But enabling templated text in a Hub like that is too prone to abuse from spammers and spinners. Sorry.

Yeah I can see how it can be abused easily

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I'm really against anything automated that allows people to reproduce the same thing across a lot of Hubs very quickly and easily.  We already have too much spam and duplicate content on the site and such tools only play to those sorts of Hub-building strategies.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I don't know, I suspect people who know the site well might be better place to make detailed suggestions.

working