jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)

Need some advice on payment and when you receive some?

1. Escobana profile image88
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Been here more than a year and not earning much at all. Which is no problem really but I do wonder how this works.

I make about 2 dollars every month LOL. Does is accumulate every month to a certain amount and then you get paid, even if it's very little?

1. bridalletter profile image87
      bridalletterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I looked at the link below, so over $50 for a payout. Your hubs are very detailed, maybe add a few more books from amazon and ebay. The subjects are more personal although very helpful and insightful to anyone that reads them. Maybe a few more hubs that appeal to the general population. I did 2 weeks of 30 hubs 30 days and earings when from $1 to $6. See what day your hub stats show the heaviest hits and publish on that day.

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! After learning about Amazon and Ebay, I changed all my capsules into Ebay capsules. According to some Hubbers you earn much more through them.

I am thinking of doing a challenge but I donĀ“t want to publish Hubs, just for the amount. The challenge would be about how to deliver 30 high quality content Hubs.

Thanks for the tips!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Payments and how they work are explained here,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments

Thanks for the link! Was very helpfull:-)

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I took just a quick look at your articles and it looks to me as though you have some very nicely written, interesting hubs that come from your heart. You have good information for people who are in the situations you write about. I think more people would find your articles if the titles were more search-friendly. Put yourself in a searcher's place and try to imagine what someone might type into Google if they are looking for the information you are providing in your articles. These phrases should be your titles. The titles you have now could then be moved down and used as subtitles, if you like. You are not asking for advice on how to make more money and get more readers, though, so I apologize in advance if you'd rather not be getting this advice. smile

1. WryLilt profile image84
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This.

Think about how Google searchers will find your hubs.

Thinking and coming up with titles that seem so far from the catchy ones I like. I'm in dubio about this issue....

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Catchy titles are fine for offline writing and print magazines but they do not work online. Online a title must say exactly what the article is about and ideally be a keyword.

Bipolar Disorder, Adoption and Advice for Women and Men....Hmmmm....I'm not really loving it. Guess I'm just lucky then, that my score hasn't been below 90 since the first two weeks I arrived here.

Some things work for me here but it ain't the money....that's for sure:-) They say I'm a stubborn woman....and I guess they're right:-)

Thanks for the post!

Score is nothing but a way to stop spammers. Google cannot see it.

What hubscore is to google is something else to me....It makes me feel good my score is a stable high score and it triggers me to keep my score up and write good stuff.

What Google can't see is my smile each day I check my page here:-)

My smile each day is because of what Google does for my traffic. smile

So we're both happy people! Isn't Hubpages a wonderful world to live in....

2. Escobana profile image88

Thanks so much! I do realize my titles are a little off concerning Google search. The problem is....search friendly titles about my topics can be so....Boring!

Other than that, moving my titles down to subtitles seems a very good idea. However....Hubpages doesn't give you the option to change a title.

I should delete the whole Hub, publish it again under the new title and lose all my comments and credits I received for it.

What I will do is publish new ones about my topics, with search friendly titles and links to my old Hubs. Greatly appreciate your advice even though I'm not buisy making more money or getting more readers:-)

1. First Colony profile image62
        First Colonyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just a quick point-Hubpages DOES allow you to change your title, juts not the url.  As a matter of fact, I have found the "Title Turner" to be a helpful tool.  Sometimes the words they suggest make no sense, but other times it has prompted me to change a title.

1. First Colony profile image62
          First Colonyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry-it's Title Tuner not Turner.  Darn fat fingers!

Never heard of the Title Tuner but I'll check it out. And you're right. I meant the fact that the URL stays the same. I found it out in the beginning and now make sure to think twice when starting a new Hub.

Thanks for the tip!

4. Horatio Plot profile image84
    Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago

Hi Escobana. Are you an artist or just here for the money? I suspect the former. Sit back, keep doing what you're doing and keep smoking those cigars! Leave the titles as they are, I can tell you won't feel happy if you change them.
    Horatio.

An artist yes:-) A creative mind who needs her outburst once in a while and likes to publish good stuff instead of publishing winning-lotery-ticket-material.

Did quit smoking for a while, but still enjoying my 'lonely times' at the bar, feeling happy with my titles as they are. You guessed right!

Escobana...

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I would suggest that you make the main title plain and informative, then use the catchy phrase as a subtitle.  You need to first "catch" them on google, and then "catch" their attention to make them stay--in that order.

Gonna try to improve this for my next line of Hubs. I just so much NOT like the word PLAIN....LOL!

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Try it on one or two hubs and see how it goes.  The nice thing about hubs is that you can always change it.  For example you could have the url be plain, but the actual title on the page catchy.

That is a good one! About the URL. Never thought of it that way but this might be the answer to some extra traffic and readers without losing my catchy drift:-) Thanks!

working