jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The print has shrunk on my new computer on editing, account and forum

1. carol7777 profile image85
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

I have a brand new computer and t he print on HubPages is so small on editing, account hubs, and also forum.  Is there anyway to enlargen the print?

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The appearance of web pages and their respective fonts is something that can be customized via either browser settings or your overall computer settings.  You just need to make the default font sizes bigger.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Be careful here.  Past experience with playing with font sizes tells me that increasing a font size will distort the page appearance to anyone not doing that.  Text capsules will increase in length, for instance, without increasing the length of a photo capsule.  The result can be a hub that looks great on your computer but everyone else sees as ugly, with big white spaces and mis-matched capsules.

Rather, increase the size of everything; fonts, pictures, sidebars, ads, everything.

Firefox does this by cntrl-scroll; don't know about the others.

3. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Have you tried "View/Zoom" and set to 125 percent or more while browsing? That changes what YOU see on your computer screen but not the actual font size in your hubs.
    Good luck! MM

4. GA Anderson profile image87
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

Try holding down the CTRL key and pressing the "+" key once or twice - this should increase screen font size (and image display - it's like a Zoom feature), on most PC computers - conversely, holding CTRL and hitting the "-" key does the reverse

Hope that helps

1. carol7777 profile image85
      carol7777posted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you for your help.