jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

SUGGESTION: view history of new followers.

1. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

OK I don't do this myself - but I should - wen I follow somebody I should tell the writer what hub, question or forum post caused me to follow that person.

When I get like a bunch of followers all at once - I know that 'hit it' spot on on something. I go to my new followers' pages and can sometimes guess which recent forum post motivated them to follow me but not always.

I wish that HubPages had some sort of recent view history of the last 8 hours of a new follower - but wait - I just figured it out on my own - I can find that info on my new follower's activity.  But that feature would be nice for a quicker snapshot of what 'works' and what doesn't.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Well since followers are for boasting value and not much else, does it really matter so much?

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

If you yourself want to do this, you could do so in a fan mail.  I think forcing it as an option is yet a further invasion of privacy.

4. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

WryLilt:Well since followers are for boasting value and not much else, does it really matter so much?
    I don't know - I don't follow people just because but because there was this one article that I really liked. I figure people 'follow' you as a compliment - not exactly waiting with baited breathe for your next hub

relache: If you yourself want to do this, you could do so in a fan mail.  I think forcing it as an option is yet a further invasion of privacy.

Invasion is a pretty strong word when the info is already out there on the follower's profile.

5. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, ptosis. As Relache pointed out, you can do this in Fan Mail, and so we leave it up to each person to decide when they follow someone.

working