jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Ads

1. Svea profile image82
    Sveaposted 4 years ago

When I try to choose the items on Amazon that I want to use, I get a message that the item wasn't found, so I try keywords and see what they suggest and some of the ones I had chosen are there; I had but the right codes for the ones I wanted. Can anybody help?

Thanks

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Sometimes there are transient errors in the feed coming from Amazon and an item will be unavailable for a while, and sometimes Amazon just doesn't seem to allow some products to link up properly.  At least that's been my experience.

I either try again later, pick another item or find something on eBay that is just as relevant.

1. Svea profile image82
      Sveaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, right now I'm doing alright with keywords and their selecting for me.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I used to use the keywords until some of my hubs started getting flagged for items that were not related to the hub being advertised.  When I went to view these hubs I could see where Amazon's keywords were very broad in nature and there were, indeed, unrelated items not only on the Amazon capsules, but Ebay as well. 

From that experience, I have started going to the site and picking the items that I want to display individually.

1. Svea profile image82
          Sveaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dale, I did go directly to items on Amazon and put the ISBN # for each that was asked for and it still didn't  work. I agree the keyword search for Amazon doesn't always give you related items, or they aren't specific enough. I plan on trying to search by ISBN again.

Thanks for helping.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
            Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try just using the URL and not the ISBN. I usually do that as for me it is quicker than scrolling down and hunting up the ISBN code.

working